COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES BY THE W.H.O.:
Driving Instructor of the School:
1. Must ensure that no student is allowed into a vehicle if they have following
Symptoms of COVID-19:
a) People who are in a close contact with a person who has tested positive for
b) Anyone who has travelled out of the country within the last 14 days.
c) Anyone otherwise under order from public health to self-isolate.
d) Anyone having flu-like symptoms at the time of lesson (must cancel the lesson
2. At the start and end of the lesson, consider having any conversations with the
Student outside of the vehicle, where physical distancing can be easily maintained.
3. Ask students to sanitize their hands before entering the vehicle.
4. Ensure that physical distancing is maintained wherever possible throughout the lesson.
5. Open windows whenever possible to increase fresh air ventilation while parked and
driving, and ensure that the fresh air intake is open so that the air in the car is not being
6. Mask should be worn all time during the lesson because physical distancing cannot be
maintained in driving school vehicles. Provide masks for learners who have not brought
7. Ensure high-touch surfaces such as the steering wheel, seat belts, driving controls, gear
lever, windows, keys, seats and door handles are cleaned and disinfected between lessons.
8. Ensure adequate supplies are provided in the vehicle.
9. Provide a means of disposal within the vehicle for cleaning supplies, wipes, and used masks.
Revised: February 2021